Every year, Durham Community Foundation invites applications from local community based organizations who meet that year’s guidelines and criteria. The 2014 program is now closed. Successful applicants will be notified on Giving Tuesday, December 2, 2014.
Applications must be submitted using our application forms by email.
- Applicants must have a charitable number from Canada Revenue Agency.
- Applicants must have a strong commitment to Durham Region, providing services which are delivered within Durham Region and benefit a substantial number of its citizens.
We most like to support projects and programs that include these criteria:
- Seed grants to initiate and encourage promising new projects and programs so that they can demonstrate their usefulness to the community.
- Benefit a wide audience within Durham Region and involve a substantial number of participants.
- Build on existing community strengths and assets.
- Present an innovative and creative approach to address community concerns.
- Promote cooperation and collaboration across organizations to eliminate duplication of services.
- Promote and build volunteer participation.
- Provide a direct service that benefits the community.
- Strive to have a lasting impact on our community.
- Strengthen the community’s capacity to care for itself.